All our cottages have the following :
- Braai area with a braai grid (clean ;-) and wood.
- Serviced daily (dishes washed and kitchen cleaned. Beds made up).
- Outside shower with a glorious view onto the mountain.
- Full en-suite bathroom with a shower and/or bath. Complimentary soap (from Boudoir Bed & Bath)
- Fully equipped kitchenette with a large fried/freezer, microwave, kettle, toaster and a range of cutlery and crockery calculated to make your stay an absolute pleasure.
- Bedrooms are equipped with excellent mattresses, Goose Down duvets and high quality (400 Thread Count ) linen – all made by Ember Down.
- Soft, sweet and pure springwater, straight from the mountain for you to drink and shower/bath in.
- Stunning view over the valley from your stoep , to enjoy early morning coffees or a late afternoon sundowner.
- High-efficiency wood stove for the cozy winter nights.
- Comfortable lounge area with 2 single seaters and a double couch.
Around the farm:
· Ben and his broads : Our flock of 7 Alpaccas – the latest arrival, arrived in December 2015.
· The flock of sheep can be viewed early in the morning as they are let out to their pasture for the day and at night when they come home.
· Our donkeys in the mountain are the guardians for the geese – the donkeys don’t like predators and are our first line of defence against the jackals in the mountain.
· We have a small flock of geese here on this farm. Sharon calls them old fashioned; they are gorgeous animals with their odd walk and blue eyes.
· Our Dexter cattle herd is small in number but lovely. By nature they are a very small frame animal and the main reason we have them is due to them giving lots of milk to their calves. The fact that they are beautiful helps ;-)
· A huge list of wild birds. Springwater Cottages is a haven for bird watching. We never hunt here so all the animals are surprisingly tame.
Needless to say, you are more than welcome to walk around the farm and relax. There are a number of walking routes, varying from a slow, easy amble to a decent challenge.
If you are an avid Mountain Biker, please feel free to bring your bike with. We have many, many routes ranging from easy to really challenging.